Investment: The Trend

I think I've love Henna, A friend of a friend offered to do some on everyone the other night and I joined in. This is a...






I think I've love Henna, A friend of a friend offered to do some on everyone the other night and I joined in. This is actually a replica of Rihanna's Tribal Dragon tattoo.
Top: XXI - Skirt: Asos - Boots: Timberlands - Jewelry: Assortment

I have been waiting to wear this skirt out for weeks now. I ordered it online around the time of my hologram trend prediction post. Its a pretty bold piece but I couldn't help but take on that challenge after falling in love with the dramatic slit (another trend I am loving). Plus this skirt is something unlike anything I have in my closet.

My goal for this year style-wise is to work with the niche i've finally figured out. I like mixing sophisticated/dressy items with casual/comfy/boyish pieces. It took me about 4 years of blogging to figure it out and weed through trying to emulate other bloggers to come to this conclusion. And I like it!  Oh I am also working on finding a balance between scowling and laughing in photos. If you have been around Roses are Red for a while you would have noticed its always one or the other. Extreme right?! Well I seem to have gotten it together and embraced the smirk you see in these photos. I like it and it definitely makes editing photos much more pleasant.

Anywho, back to the outfit. I love skirt and the holographic effect. I decided to style it with a simple tank. I wanted to work with my new claimed aesthetic so I added these Timberland boots. Purchasing these boots weren't my idea at all. I actually disliked the fact that these shoes were becoming popular among women. But after trying them on in this color I walked out the store with them. Also if you know my blog you can guess who was responsible for this purchase. Yes, Le Boy. I admitted to him the other day that I'm glad he convinced me to get them because I wear them 4 out of 7 days of the week. 

You Might Also Like

4 comments