Mike Vensel FW 2013

The also had the pleasure of attending the Mike Vensel show. When I say this collection spoke to my inner grungy diva on so many levels I am...

The also had the pleasure of attending the Mike Vensel show. When I say this collection spoke to my inner grungy diva on so many levels I am not kidding.The neck plunges and drapery were the center of this collection. There was a majority of black with a mixture of harnesses, slits, textured vest, and hints of red and white thrown in there. The collect was all very dramatic and was done tastefully. I couldn't help but not want to be as cool as the models coming down the catwalk.



My favorite part of the show hands down were the two models in these big black hats. One was giving me "Wicked Witch of the West" and the other "Wild Wild West." I am not a hat girl but it made me want to invest in these and work some magic with them in my everyday life.


At one point a piece was sent down the runway that covered the models entire head. It almost immediately received a round of applause from everyone. It added extra drama to the show and was a bold move. I dont think anyone could get around in this from day to day but it would be great in an editorial.


To top it off at the end he sent all the models back out in sunglasses which definitely gave it a cool factor.  (Mike and his models, above).

I really enjoyed Los Angles Fashion Week. Being in an atmosphere filled with people who are just as passionate about an industry is thrilling. I went away wishing I could have keep that thrill with me everyday. It is always re assuring that I am heading into the right line of work and that this is where I belong. Hopefully a New York Fashion Week is in my future!

XX
Happy Styling

You Might Also Like

2 comments