Nikki Rich FW 2013

So as I mentioned, the other weekend I got the chance to attend a few shows for Los Angeles Fashion Week. The first show I attended was Nikk...

So as I mentioned, the other weekend I got the chance to attend a few shows for Los Angeles Fashion Week. The first show I attended was Nikki Rich Fall/Winter 2013 show. And let me say I this collection was amazing. Let me just say I knew it would be a great when the show started with "I Love It" by Icona Pop (which I have been obsessing over for the past month).

After the show I got to talk with Nikki Lund, the designer behind it all. She was extremely down to earth and extremely passionate about what she sent down the runway. Being a LA girl herself, Nikki was inspired by Los Angeles. This meant a hint of loose fitting garments and simple t-shirts. Throughout the show I caught a glimpse of a military influence in the intense boots (photo 2, above) and the jacket on the first model to step out (photo 1, above).  On top of that The recent crackle trend was revived perfectly in some of the pieces. Including a long sleeve piece I could see myself wearing if I had the right event or date to attend (photo 6, above). 

One great aspect of the collection is that the items are reasonably priced. After hearing Nikki say that rarely any of the pieces are over $100 made my heart swoon. This will make easier to have one a piece or two in my closet come Fall.


The only moment better than the grey dress with crop circle-esque shoulder details was when Nikki sang with me after I mentioned her great choice in song choice.
XX
Happy Styling

You Might Also Like

0 comments