DAY 9: SLOPPY

SKIRT: H&M - COAT: CHICWIHS - SANDALS: ZARA The past weekend I did a bit of resting. I've been running all ...

SKIRT: H&M - COAT: CHICWIHS - SANDALS: ZARA

The past weekend I did a bit of resting. I've been running all week trying to make sure I had some great looks for the first week. This included waking up at an honest hour in order to look presentable. My hair usually takes me 25- 30 minutes so you can imagine my newly implemented process. Not only is this a personal style challenge for me, it's also an effort to take more time with my physical appearance.

I'm in the first year post college graduation. This half-tuck going on in this look represent this so well. It's been a little over 6 months and I've just gotten over the burn out phase -- that depressing, sans motivation, sans social interaction, self pity period. For a while putting effort towards anything related to work or creativity seemed exhausting. I had spent the past 5 years in higher education and wanted to be on auto pilot a bit. So that's what I did. I hid from friends, went straight home from work, stayed in excessively on the weekend (I doubt that part is to change tbh), and binged on Netflix series like it was a religion. 

This whole one month in one shirt is helping me awaken that part of me. The part that was eager to do more, dress her best, and talk about it. Figuring out how to present this button down has made it so I'm unable to just through on a pants and clean top and head out in the morning. I have to put that same thought into each look.  I have to look and feel good in it. 

Several people I've told IRL have become a bit attached to this experiment as well.  They've picked their favorites and check up everyday to see how the shirt looks. It's not just me keeping score and makes it a bit more fun!

Happy Styling

You Might Also Like

0 comments