THE EXCEPTION

Top: Blush  Roses : Knit Turtleneck | Violets : Mid-stomach Slit This top is a new acquisition and might I say "Go...

Top: Blush 

Roses: Knit Turtleneck | Violets: Mid-stomach Slit

This top is a new acquisition and might I say "Got damn!"  No seriously I really love this top. It's actually against my rule of not buying uber trendy things. The whole maxi shirt-side slit is everywhere at the moment which made it an automatic turn off. But while shopping recently I saw this on a mannequin and reconsidered. The knit fabric and turtleneck are aspects missing from the tops floating around Instagram. 

It has this sophisticated feel with the little bit of edge that i'm addicted to. Which brings me to the change in the look of the blog. 

I have been trying for sometime to formulate a solid theme for Roses are Red. I went through several things that make up who I am -- style and personality wise. This blog thrives on the juxtaposition of clean and messy. Just about every outfit has included a high-low feel and I think that says it all.  

From here on out posts will include Roses (the simple/sophisticated) and Violets (the edge/messy) elements.  Let's see how it goes.


You Might Also Like

8 comments